Friday, July 27, 2007

Second year and third year

Before going into the Second year, the NSO camp of the first year has to be mentioned. It was a very great experience. The running, mess food, yoga classes, sleeping on the terrace, escaping and going home. Here, we did one more thing when we sneaked through the hostel gate and went for a movie at night. It was a Hindi movie and as I did not know hindi I just had to see the heroine of the movie. Those ten days were great fun and I got new friends there. I played Shuttle Badminton in the camp and since then I have played Shuttle Badminton only a very few times.

Second year we slowly started moving away from the studious attitude and we started involving in other activities. Marks did not matter any more. We started participating in various programming contests and I got close with the most brilliant students of the class. And my god, they were BRILLIANT. There was difference in each and every person in the class. In our second year we went on a tour to Bangalore, Mysore and it was called an Industrial Visit. But many just saw the company from outside. It was great fun and our OS staff could not do any hindrance to it inspite of her efforts.

Third year, we planned to start a company but people suddenly realized it is not going to happen and started quitting from that thought, may be it was a wise decision not to start and face a big flop. Myself and my friend wrote a paper and implemented the idea and went to some college and presented it and won prizes for it. It is the credit to my friend for putting the simple idea in complicated terminologies. My birthday in that year was celebrated so well that I could not forget it. We went to the Marina, cut cakes and had great enjoyment.

We went for two more visits that year. One was to Munnar, Cochin, Ernakulam and around. And the other was an incredible trip to Parson's Valley, Ooty. Parson's Valley trip can never be forgotten. That trekking was awesome, adventurous. I saw natural ice and a brook for the first time, to my memory. Only a very few students went for that trip. I am collecting photos of those trips and soon will post them. As you could easily realize, I am rushing years very easily, since there was nothing so unique, that happened in my life. Thorough enjoyment with laziness no less or no more. Unique events or happenings become slightly unbloggable.

These two years we have played cricket quite often. I remember some of the matches where I went opening and played dead slow and created tension and won them. There were great cricketers in our class. There were people who could bowl really fast. We used play between the two batches and there will be clashes at the end and all were fun. I will continue with the final year happenings in my next post!

No comments: