Sunday, July 22, 2007

College Fresher

I got a seat in Open Competition in Com.Sci & Engg. in the best college of the University. This has turned out to be the wisest decision I could have taken than to have opted for some other discipline or college. I have seen a lot of great students, brilliance and talent personified. So the first year is where a lot of things happen and it is fun to think of them. In the first semester, I was in the special batch of foreign language students. I had opted for French. My hostel room mates were all from my same native. There was one another similar person to me in the room whom I met for the first time only in my college. He is still residing with me.

Both of us were very lazy and were not at all interested in putting in hard work after all both of us were tired of studying too much for +2 exams. The other two were quite sincere in the beginning. One left after a month to pursue his medicine studies. Hostel was ok but the mess was pathetic. I never used to have food there. Once lizard had fallen in the food and I have even had food in the mess that day. So first year -> ragging!!

Ragging was very mild to me when I listened to the stories of many other fellow class mates. I never went to the Senior hostel for a long time. I went once and escaped somehow. Three instances alone I remember when I was ragged. Once at night in the bunk canteen, some senior asked me to propose for him to his classmate and I did. Then some more naughty questions as usual and as expected. Anytime you met a senior you would be called to their hostel block. I avoided many.

Then it was in French committee inauguration of the year, many were ragged in a well planned way. I was made up like a tribal person with leaves, ink, toothpaste and all sorts of ladies cosmetics and commodities. Then in Freshers' party as usual they made me a messenger and I had to convey many things between a senior boy and a girl. Everything they did to me in ragging were highly acceptable. Our college way of asking name to a senior is "Might mighty senior sir, dirty dirty junior sir, may sir I sir know sir your sir name sir sir sir?" and I have told this quite a number of times.

Then in first semester, being new to Chennai we had to see some places in Chennai first. We have gone for bowling, multiplexes, watched movies back to back and led a very very normal college life except that I could not have food in my mess. It was simply scary and it forced me to call my mother and make her shift to Chennai for the next semester.

First semester was laziness to the peak. Workshop was a torture and boring. Second semester we had Engineering drawing and I hated it to the core. Apart from these two rest of the courses were fine. I got to know many hostel students and after I became a day-scholar I came to know many day-scholars as well. This is a real good thing to know many people. First year, we studied as well. My highest GPA in college was in the first semester with 9.04/10 and my eight semester CGPA graph plot will be one with a negative slope. Too many things have happened but it is too difficult to narrate in short. I will continue soon with more on my college life, studies, tours, treats, Chennai city etc.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Two sincere fellas in your room - C'mon... please don tell me Pirama was sincere!!!

Prasad said...

who is this? Pirama was really sincere!!

Ganesh Jeyaraman said...

exactly..... i used to hate e.mech and E.D too... was really relieved when these exams got over.... ur blog is just hilarious and also oozes with reality and simplicity da.... keep up the good work!

Prasad said...

thanks da ganesh!! till college whatever i have come across are quite easy to blog and without any doubt i am able to share. but these days, i am too much thinking whether i can blog or not.. one day, i may become the cent percent extrovert.. then everything will be written.. :)