Sunday, August 5, 2007

Final Year

Placements were also fun. I never cleared any written test. I was hoping for a company which would start from an interview directly. I got a couple of placements and I chose to be with one of the best companies. There were a lot of treats and a number of trips. We had been to Bangalore for an All-India contest in Intel and we won the first prize of Rs. 30000. Then we had been to Coimbatore for the Asia Regional finals of the most prestigious programming contest. I had by then placed a full-stop for my pursuit of Masters degree in Science. That too was a decision on my gut feeling. I did not secure my target in GRE and did not even bother to write TOEFL.

Then one of the most memorable trips of the college days was to Goa. It was for a poster presentation at a conference on High Performance Computing. It was for a half-day session and the rest of the 4 days in Goa's water bodies, churches, monuments and the long train journeys were great fun. Then I came to Hyderabad for getting sponsorships from companies for our college's technical symposium. And apart from this we went to a trip to Coorg, Thalacauvery and around. Coorg was a so called hill station and it was not upto our expectations.

And one good cricket ball match, where I was involved in a big unbroken partnership, after wickets tumbled. That was a match where I played in the two-piece stitched ball after a long gap. But did well by scoring the second highest in our innings, though there was a huge difference between what the highest scorer's score was and mine was. We won that match. I conducted Quiz in Prodigy for school students and Abacus, International Technical Symposium.

Then we did enough work in our final year on our research project which is now an IEEE publication. Then after I completed my final year exams, I went on a trip to New Delhi, Simla, Kullu, Manali, Kufri, Chandigarh, Manikaran and Kurukshetra. Rohtang Pass is the best place you can reach by road in the entire world as it is the highest road in the world. Hats off Border Roads!! Taj Mahal, the wonder in India, you can simply realize why it is that greatly acclaimed by the very first sight of it. And after all these travels and treats in a year, I fell ill for a month before I joined my company and I dropped 10 kgs. And that is the only way, I could have lost weight. I will continue with my company experiences in my next post.

2 comments:

Ramya said...

Well, the topics are in explicit chronology. What made you to start blogging? in an attempt to log the fleeting memories of the past? Thats why i started writing! And may others i know.. sudden seizures of nostalogia i shld say..

Nice reads :-) again, keep it coming.

Prasad said...

i always wanted to become someone great whose autobiography will be read by a wide audience.. then later thought, why not we write a common man's autobiography.. [:)] that is this attempt..