Saturday, July 21, 2007

My family and my final days of schooling


We were a joint family as I have told earlier. Later, for occupational reasons people went to different places. My father was brought up by his uncle and grandfather. He had come up in life from misery. I do not want to share his life stories and make my blog a sad one. He was brought up in a very very disciplined way. But I was given great freedom by my dad. I am proud to have him as my dad. I have thoroughly enjoyed my life till date. I never felt that I could have had a thing and he has denied me of it.

Me, my parents and later my sister have a great understanding. Whenever we feel something different can be done, we sync up and do it. Right from small things like going to a restaurant to buying things for the house, travel plans etc. were great. We have like tastes. And my tongue was respected by many in my family and friends. I have been quite a gourmet, and my parents have taken me to all restaurants in my native. We have felt the difference after coming to Chennai. Chennai restaurants are awesome when compared to the best of the hotels in my native.

We have travelled a lot, though still not outside India. We have been to many tours like a Kerala tour, Karnataka tour (this is still in my memory Belur, Halebeedu etc.), Bombay tour to mention a few which I can name immediately. All those were not captured in digital media. I am in process of converting those memories in digital media. Our last tour to Kullu, Manali, Shimla etc. are digital memories. School tours were slightly less fun as most of them were single day tours. Our native town lacked a lot of attraction as I realised later when we came to Chennai. I like to travel a lot and I do not think of reaching the destination.

Tenth standard Matriculation board exams were held and I secured 1005/1100 a fair score. I was as usual not the school topper, I stood second. 47 of us wrote the board exam and more than half the strength left the school. Even the topper left the school stating that there is no competition for her. I wanted to study French as my second language in +1. But I was denied by my principal as they were expecting a District rank from me and French students are not considered for it. +1, total enjoyment and my score was less than 85%.

Lost the original content... Adding trying to write whatever I would have written..

In my +1, the only paper where I have performed well was Mathematics where I was awarded 200 and then reduced to 199. I was shown the paper in +2. +2 was the only year I have studied like hell. I had special coaching from three experts for Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I secured Disctrict II Rank with centums in Maths and Physics. I was offered 50% scholarships in two entrance coaching institutes and I joined both the institutes. In one of them, I regained touch with my old friends and one of them is now one of my best friends. I secured a good score in the Tamilnadu Professional Courses Entrance Examination as well.

Now I remember what I had written earlier. Some rare incidents...

In +1 there was a Parent-Teacher Meeting. As usual the staff complained to my dad that I never wrote definitions and answers as given in the textbook. I always put them in my own language. This was a concern for them as I was expected to score a high score in +2. But I was always thinking of a B.Sc. in a college in Tirunelveli. My dad never had let me down. And he always would say that Prasad studies well and he will fair better next time. I never could write or reproduce as given in the textbook. That time, in the meeting, this was another comment which my dad has told me. My english teacher had told that my uniform was not pressed on Monday of the week before the meeting. My dad was too impressed with the care, the teachers showed towards us and the amount of attention they gave me.

No comments: