Saturday, October 27, 2007

Writing more..

Just today I was going through the comments and i found a few "keep up the good work.. keep it coming" comments. So I am feeling energized to write one more. So college days are gone. 20+ years gone. Before I start blogging my thoughts and my own philosophies, I will share the incidents in my life as I believe in being a common man and also they will be interesting to read than philosophies. Great people discuss ideas, common people discuss events and there are other people who discuss people. It is always fun sharing events and happenings.

Here I begin.. My dad and me took the IA flight to Hyderabad and were quite excited to see a person holding a board with my name and my company's name written on it. We were taken in a nice air-conditioned sedan to Taj Residency (now called Taj Deccan). I was recovering from Amoebic Dysentry. And I decided to anything that is vegetarian and no restrictions. 15 days of stay in the Taj, we will never forget. Everyday, bathing in the tub for an hour and a half. Boy, that was awesome. Great food at the Blue Flower, the restaurant. We were given a cab for the initial 15 days to go around Hyderabad.My friends were put up at a nearby hotel Taj Banjara. We synced up in the weekends for going around places. We went to the Film City, Secret Lake and many other places. My dad and me covered other places like the Museum.

The museum is a great one worth a mention here. It is called the Salarjung Museum. The museum is a huge one with G+3 floors and we could not cover all the exhibits. The museum ticket had a picture of veiled rebecca and people had told us the important things to see. There were things like large dresses which could be folded into a matchbox, ivory carvings, huge furnitures, man and woman in the same statue, monalisa's duplicate etc.. There was a painting of Salarjung which is a beauty. The room containing the portrait has two entrances. When you enter the room through one of them, Salarjung's foot in the portrait will point towards you and as you move, it will always point towards you till you exit the room. It was awesome.

Then we went to see the veiled Rebecca. It was a white marble statue of a lady covered by a netted veil. And there was a lot of people looking at it. We never realised what makes it so great. Then we went and read the description near the statue. Some history and then this statement, we were taken aback. It stated, "The veil is made of the same marble and the veil merges with the statue at the back". Immediately, I felt goosebumps. Yes, we did confirm it seeing the back of the statue. Make sure to see veiled Rebecca if you come to Hyderabad. She is a beauty.

We found a house to stay in one of the very posh areas of Hyderabad. In fact, it was not a house, it was a bungalow with garden in front of it with space to park 2-3 cars. The house was too big for us. We thought three more would join us. But due to some reasons only we 3 stayed. My dad, after finding us a house, left for Chennai. The area was very calm with lots of police as one of our neighbors was the ex-CM. We later moved from there to an apartment near our office, as we were not willing to pay the exorbitant rent which was planned to be shared by six but was shared among 3 of us.


In the beginning, our team which takes care of the already shipped Operating Systems, was in a different building than the company campus. It had dwarfish cubicles so that we can stand and talk with people in the next cubicles. I still remember the meeting with my Director. The entire team was invited and the new hires were asked to give an introduction. So my intro was "I never intend to speak funny but whatever I talk people have enjoyed and laughed". And of course people laughed at this intro as well.

There we used to play a number of continuous games of Table tennis in the weekends. I also used to play Foos ball, a really tough game to play when you are new. Those initial few months, we played only indoor games and were so eager to shift to the campus. The pool table always looked attractive but I knew I do not play that game well so I avoided it. Work, I do not wish to discuss here nor I am allowed.

Then we moved to the campus.. Already too many words.. Continue in the next blog..

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.